Advanced Career Experience (ACE)
The ACE (Advanced Career Experience) is a program that provides on-the-job training to our 12th grade students. Participants increase their knowledge and develop occupational competencies while receiving school credit.
Each year local employers, (Business Partners) host students in various exciting career related positions increasing student employability skills. These Business Partners are an important part of the educational process, and their support is greatly appreciated.
A variety of students placements, both paid and unpaid, are available to WFHS students. The Advanced Career Experience teaches students many for the first time, the relevance of the classroom to the real world.
To apply, current juniors must meet the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 (overall and during junior year)
- Passing grades in all core courses
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for career program courses
- No suspensions
- No more than 3 referrals during junior year
- No more than 5 unexcused absences or 20 unexcused periods during junior year
- No tardy referrals during junior year
- Completion in all required career program courses by the end of the junior year
- Completion of the Capstone requirements
- Recommendation from your Career Academy's teacher
- Parent/Guardian permission
- Transportation to and from placement location